⇐Click here to go back to the post!!
(Visited 255 times, 1 visits today)
- Prepare the Custrad as per the recipe here and keep in refrigerator to chill.
- Preheat your oven at 200 ° C and line a baking tray with parchment paper or silicone mat.
- In a sauce pan take milk,water, butter and salt and melt the butter completely and bring to a boil.
- Remove from the heat and add the flour all at once and quickly and vigorously mix with wooden spoon and keep back to the stove and cook about a minute or so until dough forms to a ball and pulls away from the pan.
- Transfer the dough to a bowl, just spread them with a spoon and keep aside to cool for 5 minutes.
- Now add one egg at a time and incorporate well until smooth. (you can either use your stand mixer or mix them with your hands too. I did with my hands).
- Transfer the dough to a piping bag with a large plain tip and pipe them out in your prepared baking tray about 4 to 5 inch length by keeping 1 to 1 1/2 inch space between each. Smooth out the end after piping the dough, using your wet finger.
- Bake for 10 minutes in preheated oven and reduce the heat to 180 ° C and bake for another 20 minutes. Please don’t open the oven door in between baking, it may deflate the risen pastry. Turn off the oven and leave them in the oven by keeping the oven door open for 5 minutes. Then transfer them to the wire rack and cool completely.
- Meanwhile, to prepare the chocolate ganache, take chopped chocolate and cream in a double boiler and melt the chocolate completely. Take off from the heat and add the butter and mix well and keep aside to cool down. (you can also use microwave oven for melting chocolate).
- Take the prepared pastry, and using a piping bag tip or skewers, poke 2 to 3 small holes at the back.
- Now take prepared custard in a piping bag with small nozzle, and fill the pastry through each holes which you have made. You will feel the heaviness when the cream filled into the pastry and then you know when to stop filling. prepare all the pastry same way.
- Then dip each filled eclairs in the chocolate ganache and place them on a tray to set at least 15 minutes before serving.
Tips & Tricks
- While making the pastry, you can use only water, instead of 1/2 cup milk.
- If you don’t want to dip the eclairs in the chocolate, you can also just drizzle them on top before serving.
- You can use dark or milk chocolate.
There are no reviews for this recipe yet, use a form below to write your review