Jan already half way through….can you believe it?!Days are simply flying!!!! I am so late for the first post for the year 2018 huh?!! But glad that I showed up 1st month itself. Our unexpected and unplanned short holiday trip, and its hangover took these while for me to back on track again.Hope you all had wonderful holidays!Here I am with our current favorite, white chocolate and cranberry muffins.
I was feeling to Bake more and more on these wintery days. There is nothing cozy than a hot cup of tea and somebaked goodies these evenings. And the day you baked something, your home will smell amazing…..I do enjoy that a lot – one among the sweet little happiness of the home bakers.
Tender muffins with sweet & tart cranberries and white chocolate, with hint of orange zest….mmmmm they were sooo good! I am addicted to those fragrance of citrus fruits. I am telling you, you won’t be stopping this at one. I had before, during and after clicking the photos….don’t take me wrong, it was my lunch on that day hehe…..No wonder why I am struggling to stay in shape 😉 …. some of the days my lunch used to be with these kind of stuff ;-)….I don’t really cook for myself, if there is nothing left over for lunch….
weekend lazzy breakfast can be handled peacefully if I Bake muffins/pound cakes on Fridays, and it will run through out the week to suppress your little hunger anytime of the day too. Late night hunger of him after having early dinner also will be sorted out with these. Best part of baking these muffins are, they can be whipped up in just 15 minutes. You don’t need to take out all those mixers, just a bowl and spatula will do the work. As simple as mixing dry to the wet. Since I used dry cranberries, these can be prepared throughout the year and you can get dried cranberries every where now a days. Blueberries also would be great alternative to it.
Anyways lets see the recipe…..
Serves – 16 muffins
- Butter – 115 g (Room temperature)
- Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Egg – 2
- Orange zest – 1 tea spoon
- Vanilla extract – 1 tea spoon
- All purpose flour – 2 Cup
- Baking powder – 1 tea spoon
- Salt – 1/4 tea spoon
- Coconut milk – 1/2 Cup
- Dried Cranberries – 3/4 Cup
- White chocolate chips – 1/2 cup
- Preheat your oven at 180 ° C and grease your muffin tray with butter or line with paper liner.
- Mix softened butter and sugar using a spatula until well combined.
- Add egg one at a time together with vanilla extract and orange zest and mix to combine.
- In another bowl, whisk together flour,baking powder and salt. Add the half of the flour mixture to the wet mixture.
- Add half of the coconut milk to the batter and mix well. Then add rest of the flour mixture and mix to combine well. Finally the rest of the milk and mix until you get smooth batter. (Do not over mix).
- Now add chocolate chips and cranberries and mix to combine.
- Scoop out the batter to the prepared muffins tin and bake in preheated oven for about 25 to 30 minutes or until center comes out clean if tested with a tooth pick .
Tips & Tricks :-
- You can also use blueberries, apricots etc or other dried fruits, if cranberries are not available. Even chocolate chips alone can be done.