Hello friends…. I am back after a small break with a very delicious and easy recipe – Lemon Curd from scratch. Was on vacation and couldn’t be active and look after my blog. This recipe was prepared and thought to post a month back, but you know how the situation will be when you go back home for vacation??!! Mind was not at all up for blogging from there! Hope now on I will be able to post regularly.
Lemon Curd is very delicious and velvety dessert spread, which is very versatile goes well with your Scones, toasts,cookies, filling for your tarts, or as topping for your cheesecake or simply delicious by its own. You can make very tasty lemon curd easily at the comfort of your kitchen with this simple recipe. Ingredients for the lemon curd you can find easily in your pantry. So now on,no more preservatives added store bought Lemon curd ;).
Preparing lemon curd was in my to do list for long. When I wanted my cheesecake a citrusy topping, I did not think much. Put my hands on long awaited Lemon curd. If you are a fan of lemony flavor, this is for you. I really love lemon flavor. Really miss my “Lemon puff biscuits” which we get back in Abu Dhabi, one of my favorite biscuits it is, unfortunately I couldn’t find em here so far :(. This lemon curd really satisfied me…. I did spread them on salty crackers too…it was really yummy!
So here is incredibly delicious and easy lemon curd recipe for you to try….
Health Tips :- (Source)
- Lemon are high in Vitamin C, which works again cold and flu.
- Even though lemons are acidic in nature, it helps the body to balance body’s PH.
- They are great liver ditoxifier too.
- The citric acid in lemon juice helps to dissolve gallstones, calcium deposits, and kidney stones.
- Lemon juice are best remedy for Uric acid too.
- Egg Yolks – 2
- Whole Eggs – 2
- Lemon Zest – 1 Table spoon
- Lemon Juice – 3/4 Cup
- Sugar – 3/4 Cup
- Salt – a pinch
- Corn Starch – 3 tea spoon
- Butter – 100 g
- Boil and simmer some water in a pan to double boil.
- Take all the ingredients except butter in a glass/steel bowl and mix until everything combined well using your wire whisk. (You can use stand mixer too).
- Place egg mixture bowl on top of simmering water (double boiler), and stir constantly until mixture get thickened.
- Then add in the cubed butter to the curd mixture and mix well until butter has melted, incorporated well and the mixture become thick enough to coat the back of your spoon. (It took around 10 to 15 minutes).
- Now take off from the heat and strain the lemon curd mixture through a sieve to take out lumps if any and to get more velvety curd. (I did not get any lumps)
- Keep the lemon curd in refrigerator at least for 1 to 2 hours before using.
- Have it your preferred way and enjoy!
Tips & Tricks :-
- With this recipe, lemon curd was pretty sweet. Adjust it as per your liking.
- Be sure to stir constantly to avoid forming lumps.
- Lemon curd will get thickened as it cools down, so cook until how thick or thin you prefer.
- Color of lemon curd may vary depends upon your Egg yolks color.