Summer here means lots and lots of barbecuing & partying and this hearty slaw is a perfect side with them. Super crisp and crunch salad with sweet and tangy at the same time. This coleslaw is soo tasty and highly satisfying.
This colorful slaw is very healthy too. Coated with simple vinegar dressing and those bright colors will catch anyone’s eyes and so satisfying as well. Those lovely combination of crispy cabbage,crunchy and little sweet & sour apple, juicy and sweet strawberries very well calls for the summery flavor. Addition of dill leaves…mmmm they were sooo good.
Make this delicious slaw for your next picnic. Here is the recipe.
Health Tips :-
- Strawberries are enriched with Vitamin C, Folate and any a lots of anti oxidants.
- Purple cabbage helps to boost immune system,fight against inflammation and promote healthy Gut.
- High fiber content in green apple helps to reduce cholesterol, and also good for the health of liver.
- Dill leaves protects against free radicals and also helps to lower menstrual cramps.
- Strawberries – 1 cup
- Green Apple – 1
- Shredded Cabbage – 1 cup
- Carrots – 1 cup (Shredded or Julienne)
- Capsicum – 1 small
- Dill leaves chopped – 3 to 4 table spoon
- Sugar – 1 tea spoon
- Vinegar – 1 table spoon
- Olive oil – 1 table spoon
- Salt & Pepper – to taste
- Cut and keep all the fruits, vegetables and dill in a bowl and just mix to combine.
- To prepare the dressing, in another bowl, mix together sugar,vinegar,oil,salt & pepper to taste.
- Now just pour the prepared dressing over the veggies and just toss to coat all over.
- Serve immediately.
Tips & Tricks :-
- Try with any other summer fruits if strawberries are not available.