Hot beverage – a milk based drink enriched with the goodness of cashew nuts and flavored with cardamom powder. Very simple drink, lightly sweetened and perfect to make on any occasion! You can prepare this delicious drink in no time.
This is a very first guest post since I started my blogging journey, and I am so glad that I did it. When Lubana of Yummy food send me a message asking me to do the guest post for her annual event “Joy from Fasting to Feasting“, I didn’t think twice to say “Yes”. Thank you so much Lubna for inviting me to be part of it.
She has a very wonderful blog with beautiful photography and mouth-watering recipes. So much inspired by her space. Find her here.
- Milk – 2 ½ Cup
- Cashew nuts – 15 to 18 + 2 table spoon for garnishing
- All-purpose flour (Maida) – 2 table spoon
- Sugar – 1 ½ to 2 table spoon (or to taste)
- Cardamom – 2 to 3
- Finely chopped onion/shallots – 1 table spoon
- Ghee (Clarified butter) – 1 tea spoon
- Soak the cashew nuts for 2 to 3 hours and grind it to smooth paste with 2 table spoon milk.
- Take ¼ cup milk and add flour and make smooth paste without any lumps.
- In a heavy bottom pan, Take rest of the milk with cashew and flour paste, sugar to taste and mix really well.
- Heat it in a medium to low flame until it just get boiled and slightly thickened. (Make sure not to burn the bottom)
- Add cardamom powder and switch off the flame.
- In a pan heat ghee, add chopped onion and fry until light golden color. Now add cashew and when it changes color slightly, add them to the prepared milk mixture.
- Serve hot.