Do you know why I love minced meat?! They are so versatile and gets cooked easily. Throw in some simple ingredients and you are good to go. This easy filling which I made is very delicious and can have by its own, or side to any other bread or even rice.
When I asked hubby to get spring roll sheet,he bought a bunch of lavash. I wanna use up those, hence decided to try this way. It didn’t go wrong. light crispy exterior and flavorful and juicy meat paired very well. You can also use your Home made pastry leaves or Store bought spring roll sheet. Making simple Crepes and fill this minced meat masala would be great idea too. Make a big batch and freeze it…Isn’t that so cool?!
If you are not in a mood to make rolls with minced meat you have in your freezer, why don’t you try Meat balls in white creamy sauce or you want something Indianish?!here is Kheema Dhal recipe which is very delicious! Lahmajoon would be another best option too!!!
Lets see how this simple, yet delicious Minced meat Lavash roll is prepared.
- Lavash – 2 big sheet
- Minced meat – 300 g
- Onion – 1 medium finely chopped
- Garlic – 4 to 5 cloves grated
- Green chilli – 2 to 3 crushed (or as you prefer)
- Parsley leaves – 3 to 4 table spoon finely chopped
- Garam masala powder – 1/2 tea spoon
- Salt and pepper – to taste
- Lemon juice – 2 tea spoon
- Oil – 1 table spoon + 1 Table spoon for shallow frying
- All purpose flour – 1 tea spoon and enough water to make paste for sticking the edges.
For the Dip :- (optional)
- Sour cream – 1/3 cup
- Garlic – 1 clove minced
- Parsley – 2 tea spoon chopped
- Salt to taste
- Cut the lavash into 5″* 5″ square pieces and set aside.
- Make paste of flour and water and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add garlic and onion and saute until onion become light brown color. Then add in the crushed green chilli and saute well for a minute,
- Add in the minced meat and mix well.
- Now add garam masala, salt & pepper to taste and finely chopped parsley leaves and incorporate well. Finally add in the lemon juice.
- Close the lid and cook the meat on low to medium flame until the mixture become dry and all the moisture evaporate completely. Switch off the flame and keep aside.
- Now take the lavash square piece and keep one corner facing towards you.
- At the centre of the sheet, add about 2 tea spoon of meat filling.
- Then fold the 1st corner edge towards you to the centre and then both the sides on top of it. (Ref pic) and roll. At the top edge apply little flour paste and stick and close.
- Same way repeat with rest of the sheet and filling. I got 16 rolls with this recipe.
- Heat a table spoon or so oil in a pan, shallow fry the rolls until both the sides become light golden brown.
- Now mix all the ingredients for the dip well and serve with hot roll and cup of tea.
Tips & Tricks :-
- You can use spring roll sheets or crepes instead of lavash.
- This lavash rolls freeze well.