How about a pizza dough from scratch which takes less than 15 minutes of preparation time?? Why you want to go out and have pizza when you can make it in your own kitchen with all fresh ingredients, limited budget, which taste as good as shop bought, or may be better than that?!
If you are not a pizza lover…..there are alot of other things which you can make with this dough!! Happy ??!!I have made a tasty middle eastern snack – Fatayer with Spinach and Feta with pizza dough for our Iftar. Or how about a bread knots to accompany your soup? Let your creativity fly and make delicious appetizers with this simple dough. I surely will update some interesting recipes in coming days Insha allah!
Best thing about the pizza dough is you can make this ahead of time! This dough freezes well up to 3 months! Ladies….if pizza dough is ready in your freezer, you can make filling dinner by adding your favorite topping on your lazzy/busy days!! Or unexpected guest for dinner…..there you have a quick solution! Whats say?!
Here is the recipe!
Serves – one 14 inch pizza
- All purpose flour – 2 cup
- Instant dry Yeast – 1 1/4 tea spoon
- Sugar – 1/2 tea spoon
- Salt – 1 tea spoon
- Warm water – 3/4 cup
- Olive oil – 2 table spoon + 2 tea spoon
- In a bowl take flour,yeast,sugar and salt and mix well.
- Add luke warm water and 2 table spoon olive oil slowly to the flour mixture and knead the dough until you get soft ball. (You can also use stand mixer or food processor to knead the dough). Add little more flour if your dough is too sticky and more water if the dough is too dry.
- In the bowl,add 2 tea spoon of olive oil coat the dough with oil. Then cover with plastic wrap or a kitchen towel, leave it for an hour to one and half hours or until double in size in warm place.
- Dough is ready to make your favorite pizza or appetizers!
Tips & Tricks :-
- You can freeze the pizza dough up to 3 months, if freezing keep it in a zipper lock bag or any other freezer friendly container and freeze.