Iced tea are summer refreshment of all tea lovers. I have one die heart fan of tea here…non other than my hubby. I also became a tea person after making so much tea for him ;). This fresh fruit infused tea is something which you can’t stop drinking!!
When I got first fruit in season – strawberries, I was over joyed and made use of it every possible way. Recipe sure will follow, so that you all can try to enjoy them too ;). This is an absolute simple recipe and will be ready in no time. Only thing you need to wait till it gets chilled.We are in love with this iced tea…..Hope you all will love it too!
Lets see the recipe….
Health Tips :-
- Tea and strawberries are rich in antioxidants which helps to flush out toxins from the body.
- Studies have shown that tea can boost our immune system.
- Tea could also helps to protect cardiovascular health.
- Strawberries are rich in Vitamin C and they too helps to boost our immune system and health of eyes.
- Strawberries helps to reduce inflammation in the body.
- They also helps to regulate the blood pressure.
- Strawberries – 2 cups
- Water – 2 + 2 cups
- Tea leaves – 1 1/2 tea spoon (I used earl grey)
- Honey – 3 table spoon (or to taste)
- Frozen strawberries – to serve (optional)
- Take 2 cups of water in a pot and boil, add the tea leaves and brew as strong as you like, strain and keep aside. (I brewed it about 10 minutes)
- In the mean time in another deep bottom pan, take strawberries, another 2 cups of water and honey and bring to boil for about 20 minutes in low flame.
- Then strain the fruits syrup and discard the pulp.
- Now mix brewed tea with prepared syrup. When the mixture comes to room temperature, keep it in the refrigerator to chill.
- Serve with frozen strawberries if you require.
Tips & Tricks :-
- You can use black tea or your choice of tea too, we love earl grey.
- Use your choice of sweetener and adjust as per taste.
- You can use ice cubes instead of frozen strawberries, but frozen berries won’t reduce the flavour of the tea when it melts, Ice will dilute it.
- Substitute any fruits you like.