Crepes are so versatile, pair very well with both sweet and savory fillings. One of my very easy to go breakfast item is crepe filled with anything which I have handy. Doesn’t it make so relaxing & happy when you make something quick and delicious serve it on the breakfast table?? Believe me this chocolate crepe filled with cream and fruits are really heavenly combo and very filling too.
Batter will be ready in no time and it takes less than a minute to assemble. The dulce de leche and clotted cream will simply melt in you mouth, and strawberry and banana enhance the taste with all its goodness. Furthermore all those pair well with chocolate crepe….yummmmm!
I would say this can be served as a dessert item too or when your loved one comes with hungry anytime of the day!!Add your favorite combination of seasonal fruits….a good way to include fruits in you breakfast too.Make big or small crepes as you prefer and serve it with a cup of coffee or tea.
Here is my version of easy chocolate crepe.
Health Tips :-
- Having fruits for breakfast gives the body all the beneficial enzymes, fibers to stimulate the digestion process and also helps to boost your detoxification process.
- Strawberries are loaded with antoixidants, Vitamines and minerals which are needed for your over all health.
- Bananas are also loaded with nutrients, helps in digesion, protect heart health and aid in weight loss too.
- Flavanols in the chocolate helps in blood flow to the brain, which will make your day efficient and accurate.
- Having chocolates will boost you up in all ways.
Serves – 5 to 6 crepes
For crepes :-
- Milk – 1/2 cup + 2 table spoon
- Egg – 1
- Vanilla extract – 1 tea spoon
- Salt – a pinch
- Sugar – 2 tea spoon
- All purpose flour – 1/2 cup
- Cocoa powder – 2 table spoon
For Filling :-
- Dulce de leche – 5 to 10 tea spoon (more or less to taste)
- Clotted cream/fresh cream – 5 to 10 tea spoon (or as you prefer)
- Banana – 1 large
- Strawberries – 6 to 8
- Take milk,egg,vanilla extract,salt and sugar in a bowl and mix well using a whisk until sugar dissolve.
- In another bowl, mix flour and cocoa powder well and add it into the wet mixture.
- Mix and make batter without keeping any lumps. (You can also use your blender to make the batter).
- Keep the batter aside for 15 to 30 minutes. (You can also make it right away if in hurry)
- Heat a non stick skillet over a medium heat and brush with some oil.
- Take about 1/4 cup of batter (or more or less how big or small you want your crepe to be) and pour it on hot pan and tilt the pan to evenly distribute to make a thin crepe or using the back of the ladle spread the batter as thin as possible.
- When the crepe batter is dry (About a minute) flip the crepe over and cook for less than 30 seconds or so.
- Repeat the process and make crepes with remaining batter.You will have 8 to 9 inch 5 to 6 crepes.
- Now take 1 to 1/2 tea spoon dulce de leche and spread it on one side of the crepe.
- Then spread clotted cream/fresh cream on it.
- Keep sliced banana and strawberry on cream and caramel.
- Fold the crepe from one end to other. Repeat with the rest of the crepe.
- Serve the crepes by topping with some more cream, dulce de leche and fruits if you prefer.
- Enjoy with hot cup of coffee or tea.