How do you like to go for grocery shopping?? Me….like to go alone,without hubby accompanying me!! Especially when going to farmers market. I love to roam around looking each and every items – simply enjoy bargaining 😉 and seeing competition among the fellow farmers. And now he is happy that I don’t bother him for buying groceries and I am the happiest he is not coming with me to make hurry burry grocery shopping!
Last week when I went to buy vegetables, the lady from whom I usually buy root veggies, she took out one small packet of freshly harvested baby potatoes and showed to me. It was soooo fresh and cute,even there were no skin on it, first time I was seeing such fresh potatoes and I couldn’t resist buying that. They were not displaying it, only giving to the people who is coming and asking for it. Lovely lady showed it to me, since last couple of times I was getting root veggies from her.
I was so excited to cook those and started thinking what to make with those cuties from there itself. I don’t want to load them with all lots of spices. First thought of boiling and having with salt and pepper, finally enhanced it with garlic butter. Those pan seared babies, Dipping in source cream was soooooo delicious and finger licking.
This is a simple recipe, makes excellent snack or a side for your dinner. Not soo fancy, yet delicious, you can put together easily and loved by kids and elders alike.
Lets make it…………
Health Benefits :-
- Vitamin C and B complex in potatoes are good for your skin.
- They are rich in minerals such as potassium,Zinc,phosphorus etc.
- Calcium and magnesium in potatoes helps to relief Rheumatism.
- Potatoes are very effective in reducing inflammation.
Serves – 2
- Baby potatoes – 1/2 kg
- Butter – 4 table spoon
- Garlic – 5 to 7 cloves (or as you prefer)
- Dried parsley – 1 tea spoon
- Olive oil – 1 to 2 table spoon (or enough to pan fry)
- Salt – to taste
- Black pepper/chilli flakes – to taste
- Dill leaves – finely chopped 2 tables spoon (or your choice of herb)
- Sour cream – to serve
- Cut the potatoes in half.
- In a large deep pan boil the water and add salt and potatoes. Cook it for less than 15 minutes or untill 80 percent cooked and strain out the water and keep aside.
- At the same time, in another pan, take butter,garlic minced and dried parsley. Cook it in lowest flame untill butter melts and garlic gets light brown color. (care not to burn).
- Take a frying pan, and heat olive oil. Add the cooked potatoes and fry until you get all the sides light golden color.
- Take the fried potatoes into a bowl and add garlic butter, salt and chilli flakes/pepper to taste, chopped dill leaves and toss it evenly.
- Serve hot with sour cream and enjoy!
Tips Tricks :-
- You can use regular potatoes as well.
- I did not peel the potatoes since it hardly had skin on it. You can peel if your potato skin is hard.
- You can also avoid pan searing and cook the potatoes fully while boiling and toss it with garlic butter.