Do you make salads for your dinner daily?? Most of the days we do! As a malabarian, non veg dishes are must for us almost all day. So I always try to include some sort of salads too in dinner menu. This tasty Greek salad is one amongst them, a family favorite too.
This salad is very easy to put together and the combination of fresh and crispy vegetables with soft and salty feta cheese is amazing. Coated with simple and basic dressing, yet they are very flavorful.
This easy salad can be added to your party menu,beautiful color combination and very light and flavorful dressing will be a real crowd pleasing item. And also you will be tired after making soo many varieties of main dishes and without much hard work and trouble, you can put together this salad.
Lets see the recipe….
Health Benefits :-
- Feta cheese provides a good amount of probiotic which helps to maintain the health of your gut.
- Feta cheese is good source of Riboflavin (Vit B12), which is a natural remedy for headaches and migraines.
- Cucumbers keeps you hydrated, which is 96% water and also it helps to flush out the toxins from you body.
- Tomatoes are rich in antioxidants – lycopene.
- Capsicum helps to increase the metabolism, which aid in weight loss.
Serves – 2 to 4
- Cherry Tomato – 8 to 10
- Pitted Black olives – 1/2 cup
- Cucumber – 1 large
- Green Capsicum (Bell Pepper) – 1/2 of one medium
- Red onion – 1/2 of one medium
- Olive oil – 2 1/2 table spoon
- Dried oregano – 1/2 tea spoon
- Garlic – 1 clove
- Lemon juice – 1 table spoon (or to taste)
- Salt – to taste
- Feta cheese – 1/2 cup (crumbled/cubed)
- Cut tomatoes and olives in half.
- Cut other veggies into cubes and mix all vegetables together in a bowl.
- In another bowl, take Olive oil,oregano,crushed garlic,lemon juice and salt to taste and mix well.
- Add the prepared dressing to the vegetables and coat them evenly.
- Then add the crumbled feta cheese and just mix (reserve little feta to garnish on top if you want).
Tips & Tricks :-
- You can cut and keep the vegetables & make dressing ahead of time. Addition of dressing and feta cheese to the veggies best to be done just before serving, to get the freshness.
- You can use cucumber peeled or unpeeled.