French Salad is one amongst many salads we usually order from restaurants during our weekend dinner out!! Its called ‘Francuski salat’ here and I fell in love with this salad ever since I tried from restaurant here. When I put my hands on making this salad in my kitchen, of course I must share it here, so that you guys also can try it out!!!
Match stick sized veggies and cooked meat which is coated with simple dressing – Mayonnaise and topped up with crunchy fried potatoes. Yes those crunchy potatoes are my favorite part of this salad and I am happy if I get only this salad, lipioshka (Uzbek local bread) and lemony sugary black tea. Why can’t this salad make a light meal with lipioshka??! You have your fiber and nutrients loaded veggies, protein from beef and bread gives the carbs and ending with lemon tea!!! Isn’t that a perfect light meal??
If you have your veggies cut perfectly into match stick sized/ thinly as possible…. your salad is ready!!I hope you will enjoy this as much as we do!! Lets see this super simple Francuski Salat recipe…
Health Tips :- (Source)
- Nitrates in beetroot helps in blood circulation and improves oxygen supplies to the brain. Which helps to prevent dementia.
- Super nutrient beets also got B complex vitamin-folate and Vit C and also enriched with zinc and loads of fiber.
- Antioxidants in carrots helps to inhibit the formation of cancerous cells and helps to prevent from various types of cancers.
- Beta carotene in carrots – which produces Vitamin A in our body ,helps in healthy vision.
- Carrots – 2 medium
- Beetroot – 1 medium
- Potatoes – 2 medium
- Beef – 200 g
- Mayonnaise – 4 to 6 table spoon (Little more or less as you prefer)
- Salt and pepper – to taste
- Oil – to deep fry
- Cook the beef with salt and pepper and cut into thin strips.
- Peel and cut all the vegetables into match stick size or as thinly as possible.
- Heat the oil in a deep bottom pan and fry the potatoes until light golden color.
- Take the potatoes to kitchen tissue to absorb the excess oil and keep it aside.
- Take other cut vegetables and cooked beef and mix well.
- Now add the mayonnaise and mix and coat thoroughly to veg and meat.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Take the prepared salad into serving plate and top it with the fried potatoes.
Tips & Tricks :-
- You can prepare this salad ahead of time, except for the potato part.
- I strongly recommend to fry and top the potatoes just before you serve the salad, you can cut and keep it ahead of time though.