This creamy carrot soup is healthy & delicious, and absolutely easy to prepare. This became our favorite soup ever since I started preparing it. This soup is soo creamy and velvety, not added any kind of cream though! Beautiful root veg soup is very satisfying as well. Perfect for your autumny,wintery,springy seasons!!
My hubby wants something soon after he comes from the work. So if soup is ready I can do my dinner preparation very calmly. Soup will make him satisfy his hunger and he will start rolling through news channels and Indian politics. Favorite time of his and hatest of mine. (I mean to say when he start watching news, he wont even realise there is someone around him 😦 , I will be blabbering and he wont be hearing anything. After everything he will ask, did you say something??!!! mmm poor me 😉
Coming to the soup, you don’t even need any fancy ingredients as well to make this delicious soup. Lets see the recipe.
Serves – 2
Health Benefits :-
- Carrots are rich source of potassium and which will help to reduce cholesterol.
- Carrots helps to improve your immune system, since which is has got Vitamin C in it.
- High fiber content in carrots helps to improve your digestive health.
- Beta carotene in carrots helps to prevent various types of cancers.
- Vitamin A in carrots helps to improve eye sights.
- Carrots – 3 medium
- Potato – 1 medium
- Olive oil – 2 tea spoon
- Garlic – 3 to 4 cloves
- Coriander Leaves – 1 tables spoon (very finely chopped)
- Chicken/Vegetable stock – 1 1/2 to 2 cups
- Salt & Pepper – to taste
- Peel carrots and potato. Cook it in a pressure cooker for 2 whistle and cool it completely. Then blend the cooked vegetables and keep aside.
- In a deep bottom pan, heat olive oil and add chopped garlic and saute well until you get nice aroma.
- Then add in finally chopped coriander leaves and saute well.
- Then add in blended carrot & potato mixture with chicken/vegetable stock and mix well. Bring to boil.
- Season with salt and pepper as per your taste.
- Yummy and creamy carrot soup is ready. Serve hot.