I thought this recipe is very apt to post this week, so kept holding without posting all these while. Even though we don’t use to celebrate valentine’s day, I am dedicating this post for all the wonderful couples out there who celebrate it. Happy Valentine’s day guys!!
I have a soft corner towards chocolate. Having something with chocolate makes me really stress free and happy. I enjoyed baking this decadent, fudgy, nutty, chocolatty gooey brownie, and when my hubby asked for a second piece of brownie…I was even more happier!! This brownie was so delicious guys.
This is sooo easy to put together.Without flour, brownie was more fudgy. Only one request to you all, please please use GOOD QUALITY CHOCOLATE. Quality of the chocolate definitely makes big difference in the taste of the brownie.
Anyways, I am sure you gonna enjoy this fudgy coconut brownie as we did. Lets see the recipe (Adaped from Bruno Albouze‘s channel).
Health Tips :-
- Chocolates are loaded with antioxidants.
- Chocolate helps to maintain or even lose weight (try to have it in moderation and opt for dark chocolates).
- Having a bite of chocolate before any meals makes you eat less. (I have read this one somewhere in social media recently, saying that chocolate contain filling fiber, which is a natural appetite suppressant,there by you will shed some pounds ;)…).
- Which are also good for your cardio vascular health and also helps to maintain your cholesterol level (again go for dark chocolates).
- Unsalted Butter – 130g
- Dark Chocolate – 100g
- Brown Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Honey – 1 table-spoon
- Coffee Powder – 1 tea-spoon
- Eggs – 3
- Vanilla Extract – 1 tea-spoon
- Salt – a pinch
- Sour cream – 3 table-spoon
- Coco powder – 1/3 cup
- Walnut – 1 cup
- Chocolate chips – 1/4 cup
- Desiccated coconut – 1/2 cup
- Corn flakes – just to decorate on top (Optional)
- Preheat your oven at 180°C and line 8 * 8 baking tray with parchment paper.
- Take butter,chocolate, brown sugar,honey and coffee in a bowl. Melt them by keeping on a pan with boiling water (double boiling method) and take off when the mixture is hot and melt and blend completely, then keep it aside to warm.
- In another bowl, beat the egg, vanilla,salt,sour cream using a hand whisk. Then add in the coco powder slowly and incorporate well.
- Now add prepared butter-chocolate mixture to egg mixture and mix well.
- Then powder the walnut coarsely (Not fully powdered) and add to the mixture.
- Mix in the chocolate chips and desiccated coconut too.
- Now pour the mixture to the prepared tray and top it with corn flakes if you are using it.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes (Please adjust the time as per your oven’s temperature, since each oven and baking dish baking time may vary. Please do check if its is done at 20 minutes, if centre is cooked & moist and do bake little more if it is not done).
- Cool down brownie completely(better to chill for sometime) before you cut it and serve cold or hot (by heating for 30 seconds in micro wave) and with a scoop of ice cream on top. Yummmm… which is so delicious.
Tips & Tricks :-
- Use good quality chocolates, which definitely makes big difference.
- This can be kept in refrigerator for a week.