Here is easy and delicious another breakfast item, again with farmers cheese(Tvorog). In russian its called “Syrniki”. This pancake is very popular here. Commonly prepared in every household. I love to make this because it makes mess free breakfast and tasty too.I also made another breakfast item with farmers cheese – Farmer’s Cheese Cake (Breakfast Cheese Cake) .
I got this recipe from a hotel’s kitchen ;).. yes! When my Brother and family visited us here, we went to Bukhara (a famous historical – tourist destination in Uzbekistan). It was on friday, after checking out from hotel, hubby and bro went for friday prayer. We waited them on lobby. Since kids were there….we don’t want to sit in the car. On that day for breakfast buffet, they also served this tasty pancake. When I got a chance to talk with a lady there, I asked about this. She took me to their kitchen and showed me each ingredients and method. They were very happy and proud that I asked them for the recipe. She also wrote it in a paper in russian :).
It’s not complicated recipe and any starters can make this easy pancake. You can always substitute farmers cheese with ricotta or cottage cheese. Farmer’s cheese texture is much drier than cottage cheese. So make sure to drain of the excess water if it has.
Lets see the recipe……..
Health Tips :-
- Calcium content in farmer’s cheese/cottage cheese helps to maintain strong bone and teeth.
- Calcium and protein content in this cheese helps for maintenance and developement of muscles as well.
- It has got Vitamin A in it, which will help in growth and maintenance of body cells.
- Which is a rich source of Vitamin B, B-12.
- Vital minerals such as Iron, magnesium,potassium,and fatty acids are present in this cheese.
- Farmers Cheese (Tvorog) – 250 g
- Egg – 1
- All purpose flour – 2 table-spoon
- Sugar – 3 table-spoon
- Vanilla Extract – 1 teaspoon
- Salt – a pinch (optional)
- Butter – enough to shallow fry
- Take farmers cheese in a bowl and nicely mash it using a fork.
- Then add in the egg,flour,sugar,vanilla and salt together and incorporate really well using your hand or fork.
- Heat butter in a non-stick pan, scoop out the batter – a table spoon or so and make a patty in your palm. (if you are finding difficulty in making shape, take some flour in a plate ,just dip the scooped out mix in it and shape it)
- Then shallow fry in a medium – low heat on both sides.
- Serve hot with some sour cream /clotted cream and any jam/fruit preserves.
Isn’t that soo simple??? let me know how you enjoyed it in comments. Would love to hear from you 🙂
Tips & Tricks :-
- You can substitute farmers cheese with cottage cheese or ricotta cheese. But make sure to drain off excess moisture.
- You can always add chocolate chips, raisins or any other dried fruits to make it extra yummy