We already welcomed beautiful spring with fresh green leaves,refreshing air, above all tasty and fresh fruits. What a beautiful climate here in Tashkent. Simply loving it!! Season of king of fruits – Mango going on back in India – really missing it. But here we started getting all kind of berries at its best! Yes, sweetest and tastiest berries. Then there is no reason why not every house hold here makes jams and fruits preserves at home itself. Yes I also made Jam with cute little super fruit – Raspberry, sweetened with Honey – without added pectin!
This is my first jam/any fruit preserve I made all by myself in my life ever. Evey year after I came here, hubby’s friends used to send me big jars of Jams made by them at home. I used to think it needs a lot of effort and so much of ingredients to make it. But it was not! I made this tastiest jam with just 3 ingredients and was really amazed to see the result! Very Intense flavor of raspberry and no guilt of having extra 1 spoon because I sweetened it with honey! Zest of lemon gave amazing fragrance and I have no other words – it made me feel so proud myself.
Anything Homemade is the Best! Because we know what all things are going into to it and we will never compromise on quality which we serve to our family. Now I decided one thing, I will never buy fruit Jams from market. I have to try with different fruits as well, when I started getting more summer fruits. I made freezer Jam, I have to learn how to preserve it for next winter as well.
When we bought Raspberry, I told my hubby I am gonna try making Jam with this. His only demand was – No White Sugar. Yes and it worked. I googled and there are a lot of similar recipes. So I gained confidence that Honey will work and made without adding extra Pectin as well. Because Raspberry already has pectin naturally in itself. So all ingredient from nature. No artificial preservatives :).
Here you go dear readers…. recipe for you!!!
Health Tips :- (Info from web)
- Raspberries are rich source of dietary fiber.
- They are high in antioxidants as well – studies shows that antioxidants in berries plays good role against cancer,aging, inflammation etc.
- Fresh raspberries are high in Vitamin C. Consuming Vitamin C enriched fruits helps to resist infections, inflammations, and free radicle.
- Which also contain Vitamin E and Vitamin A.
- They also enriched with minerals such as potassium – which plays an important role in controlling heart rate and blood pressure, Manganese – which is used as co-factor for the antioxidant enzyme by the body, Copper – is required in the production of red blood cells.
- There are rich in Vitamin B-complex and Vitamin K as well.
Serves – about 2.5 cups
- Raspberry – 1 Kg
- Lemon Zest – 1 lemon
- Lemon Juice – Half of 1 lemon (about 2 table-spoon)
- Salt – a pinch (optional – to balance the sweetness))
- Honey – 7 table-spoon (See tip)
- Take a deep & thickened bottom pan (preferably steel vessel), place raspberry, lemon zest, lemon juice and pinch of salt – mix well. Place it on stove top with medium high heat.
- Cook it for 15 minutes by stirring time to time. By this time raspberry will get mashed.(it will leave moisture by itself)
- Then add honey and mix well.
- Now cook on simmer for another 20 to 25 minutes by stirring constantly.
- By this time it will start thickening. Switch off the flame and transfer it to prepared Jars.
- When it is cooled, it will thicken more. (Keep this in mind while you check the consistency)
- Your Raspberry jam is ready! Enjoy!!
- It can be stored in refrigerator for couple of weeks and in freezer up to a month.
Tips & Tricks :-
- Honey can be adjusted to your liking.