Potato is one of my favorite veggyy and I love to have it in any form. This pancake is one of the popular breakfast item here in Tashkent. I think they would have got that culture from Russians.(shhh… I don’t know…this is just my guess ;)…) whatever it is, the pancake with this humble and super nutritious veggyy is really easy to make….yet delicious!
I became a fan of potato pancake after coming here. I always used to google, google and google to find out something new to add to our menu, especially breakfast recipes. Thats how I got this recipe and fell in love with this. Some people used to top it with meat fillings as well.
Potato pancake is one of the item which I usually make on lazy weekends. It doesn’t take much time to put together. Hot pancakes with tomato ketchup and some sour cream…. our usual way of enjoying this soft and delicious breakfast item.
Lets see the recipe…..
Health Benefits :-
- Iron, phosphorous, calcium, magnesium & zinc in potatoes, helps to maintain bone health.
- potassium, magnesium present in potato, helps to reduce blood pressure.
- It has a lot of fiber, which helps to prevent constipation.
- Choline content in potatoes helps to reduce inflammation.
SERVES – 8 to 9 Pancakes
- Potato – 250 g (about 3 small)
- Onion – 60 g ( 1 small)
- Egg – 1
- All purpose flour – 2 1/2 table-spoon
- Yoghurt – 1 table-spoon
- Pepper powder – 1/2 tea-spoon
- Chilli flakes – 1/4 tea-spoon
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – enough to shallow fry
- Wash and peel the potatoes. Then grate with finest grater.
- Then grate the onion as well using the same side of the grater.
- Add in egg, flour,pepper, yoghurt, chilli flakes and salt and mix really well using your spatula.
- Then, heat oil in a non-stick pan on a medium heat, and using a large spoon pour in the prepared batter.
- Cook untill golden brown on both the sides.
- Serve it hot with some sour cream and tomato ketchup.
Tips & Tricks :-
- You can adjust or avoid chilli flakes and or black pepper.