This melt in your mouth, eggless Indian cookies are really easy to put together! One and only cookie which used to bake at home when I was a kid. My sister used to make Naan Khatai with all-purpose flour. In this I made a slight change with besan (gram flour).
Aroma of ghee (clarified butter) with the flavors of cardamom was really heavenly!! You can’t stop munching this melting in mouth cookies.
I made this cookie in the evening, just before hubby comes from work. I kept the cookie to cool down. Soon after he came in, took one and tasted. I thought then he gonna stop with that first one. Took second one and went for 3rd cookie as well on the same go 😊….. He is a crazzyyy cookie eater and I love to bake them as well 😉
You just need a bowl and your spatula and mix in each ingredients one by one…. pop into your oven! Thats it…done 😊
Lets see the recipe….
Health Tips :-
- Besan/Gram flour is rich in different minerals such as potassium, manganese, copper, zinc, phosphorus, folate and Vitamin B6.
- It has high soluble fiber in it, which helps the heart to stay strong and healthy.
- Since besan has low glycemic index, calorie count also would also be low. So which is good for lose weight.
- Which also helps in fatigue, and even iron deficiency.
- Besan has very low glycemic in it, which is good for those who have high diabetic.
- Ghee – 1/2 cup (at room temperature)
- Powdered sugar -1/2 cup
- Cardamom powder – 1/4 tea-spoon
- Besan(gram flour)- 1 cup
- Rava (semolina) – 1 1/2 table-spoon
- Salt – a pinch
- Baking soda – 1/4 tea-spoon
- Yoghurt/curd – 1 table-spoon
- Crushed pistachio – to garnish (optional)
- Preheat your oven at 180 ° C and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Now mix powdered sugar with ghee and cardamom powder using your spatula.
- In another bowl, sieve besan, rava, pinch of salt and baking soda together.
- Then mix this to the ghee sugar mix very well with spatula.
- After that add yoghurt and incorporate well.
- Divide and make equal sized 12 to 13 balls and slightly press using your palm.
- Garnish with crushed pistachio if you are using it.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or untill you get light brown color on edges. (When you take out from the oven, cookie will be little soft. Keep it to cool down for 20 to 25 minutes before serving).
Tips & Tricks :-
- You can also use besan and all-purpose flour (maida) equally (1:1 proportion) instead of using besan fully.