Here is another side dish and my first chicken dish to my blog. This is one of my all time favorite side dish. I remember when I was kid, my sister used to cook and experiment many varieties of dishes and Indo-chinese chilli chicken is one amongst them. She is one of the wonderful cook, which I grew up seeing.
This is my 3rd trial of chilli garlic chicken and I felt it came out well. So thought to introduce here.
I served this yummy dish with Chinese Steamed Bun, which was an amazing combination. You can also serve it with any kind of roti, fried rice, steamed rice, chapathi, Layered Paratha/Lacha Paratha (Multi Layered Indian Flat Bread) etc…
When you get chinese dishes from restaurants, most of them they add ajinomoto- a taste maker, heard which is not good for your health. Here is the recipe without the addition of ajinomoto, yet tastes amazing!
I made this dish little gravy style, if you prefer can make it dry too.
Lets get started…….
Health Tips :-
- Chicken is one of the highest lean protein supplier.
- Which also an important source of Vitamin A and mineral.
- Eating chicken will increase serotonin level in your brain, which enhance your mood and reduces stress.
- Chicken contain phosphorous which along with calcium keep your bone healthy.
- Vitamin B6 in chicken increases your metabolism.
- Chicken – 300g (preferably boneless) cut into 1 inch pieces.
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 1/2 tea spoon
- Pepper powder – 1/2 tea spoon
- Egg white – from 1 small egg
- Corn flour – 1 1/2 table spoon + 1 table spoon
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 1 table spoon + to deep fry
- Onion – 130 g ( 1 medium)
- Garlic chopped – 20 g (6 -7 cloves or 1 1/2 table spoon)
- Green chilli – 2
- Sugar – 1/2 tea spoon
- Chilli flakes – 1 1/2 tea spoon
- Tomato ketchup – 3 table spoon
- Soya Sauce -1 table spoon
- Tobasco sauce – 1 tea spoon(I used chilli garlic)
- Water – 1/2 to 3/4 cup
- Spring onion greens – to garnish
- Marinate the chicken with ingredients 2 to 5 and with enough salt for minimum 30 minutes.
- Deep fry the chicken with enough oil untill light golden brown and keep it aside.
- Heat 1 table spoon oil in another pan (you can also use same oil used to fry the chicken) and add chopped garlic, green chilli and sugar and saute for 30 seconds.
- Then add chopped onion and saute untill onion get soft.
- Now add chilli flakes, tomato ketchup,soya sauce,tobasco sauce and mix well.
- Then add fried chicken and mix well to coat the sauces.
- Now mix 1 table spoon corn flour in 1/2 cup of water and add to the gravy and mix well. Add 1/4 cup more water if required
- Now add salt if required. (Dont add the salt at 1st stage of sauteing, because all your sauces has got salt, so add accordingly at the end).
- Garnish with spring onion greens.
- Spicy chilli garlic chicken is ready to indulge!!!
Tips & Tricks :-
- Adjust the chilli and pepper powder as per the hotness you prefer.
- If you prefer dry chilli garlic chicken, avoide step # 7.
- You can use cauliflower instead of chicken as a vegetarian substitute.