Egg bonda is one of the Indian snack with simple ingredients,which you can put together easily. Hard boiled eggs are stuffed with aromatic, little spicy filling and deep fried by dipping in maida(all purpose flour) batter.There are different variations of egg bonda across the region, and this is how we make at home.
This snack is often made at home during iftar or as evening tea time snack. This pakora also made if any guests arrive without any notice, because this can be made with ingredients easily available in all kitchen like egg,onion,ginger garlic paste, green chilli,maida……….
This one I made for a Uzbek guest here, mainly because, when we met at their home, we were talking about Indian food and snacks. First thing they were saying about Indian snack was Pakoras. So I made this Egg pakora with some other snacks. I made it less spicy, because people here are not used with so much of hot and spicess as we usually have.
Anyways….lets see how this Egg bonda/pakora/fritters made……
Health Tips :-
- Eggs are incredibly nutritious, which contain alot of vitamins and mineral.
- The Protein in egg helps to keep your muscles strong.
- Eggs contain vitamins and minerals that are needed for the regular function of cells – which includes, brain, nervous system, memory etc…
- Egg contain Vitamins A, B12 and selenium, which are all key to keep immune system healthy.
- Egg – 4 big
- Onion – 1 big (175 g)
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 1/2 tea spoon
- Green chilli – 1 or 2
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tea spoon
- Pepper powder – 1/4 tea spoon
- Garam masala – a pinch (optional)
- All purpose flour(maida)- 3/4 cup
- Salt – to taste
- Baking soda – a pinch
- Water – enough to make thick batter
- Oil – to deep fry + 2 table spoon
- Firstly hard boil the eggs, peel off and cut it into 3 to 4 equal portions. Take out the egg yolks and keep aside. (See note)
- Heat 2 table spoon of oil in a pan, saute chopped onion untill soft and light brown.
- Then add ginger garlic paste and saute for a minute.
- Now add finelly chopped green chilli, turmeric powder,pepper powder, garam masala and enough salt and saute well.
- Then add the egg yolks to it and mix well. Switch off the flame.
- Now equally divide the filling and fill the onion,yolk mixture to the egg white and keep it aside.
- In a bowl, take flour,baking soda and salt. Then add enough water to make thick batter without keeping any lumps, using wire whisk. (It should not be so runny, because it won’t coat the egg properly.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan.
- Dip filled egg white one by one to the batter and coat it properly.
- Put it in hot oil and fry it. (Careful while frying, sometimes eggs tends to burst out while frying)
- Serve it hot with a cup of tea/coffee.
- Enjoy 🙂
Tips and Tricks :-
- If you are using small egg, cut it into two.
- Adjust the green chilli, as you prefer.