My dates were looking at me very sadly whenever I open pantry cupboard. Was thinking for so many days to make something out of it.It’s not that pleasing to have dates alone so much….may be 1 or 2 at a time we can….so I just wanna recreate those dates into something interesting. So opted with my favourite thing – chocolate…. I love to eat chocolate in any forms….
This is very simple,easy,with little ingredients but tasty sweet….without any added sugar!!! Yes no sugar added!! Only sweetness from the dates make this heavenly!!! Combination of dates,walnut and chocolate with little peanut butter…..awww…..its an absolute bliss!!!! You must try it.You can give your sweet tooth a wonderful treat within half an hour.
Believe me it vanished from my plate within an hour….i am sure you gonna make this a second time.
Health Tips :-
- Dates are good for heart health.
- It is great for relieving constipation and promoting digestive health.
- Good for iron deficiency anemia.
- Helps to reduce BP.
- It prevents colon cancer.
- Dates – 10 to 12
- Peanut butter – 1 &1/2 table-spoon
- Salt – 1 pinch
- Vanilla extract – 1 tsp
- Walnut – 1/3 cup
- Chocolate chips -1/3 cup
- Coconut oil – 1 tsp
- Sesame seeds -2 tsp (optional)
- In a processor/grinder put the pitted dates,peanut butter with salt and vanilla and make a smooth paste.
- Very finely chop the walnut and mix it with the dates peanut butter paste.
- Now make small balls out of it and keep it in fridge for 10 to 15 mins or in freezer for 4 to 5 mins.
- By that time melt the chocolate chip on double boiler with coconut oil.
- Coat the dates ball with chocolate glaze and keep it in a parchment paper and sprinkle some sesame seeds on top.
- Keep it in freezer for 10 to 15 mins and set.
- Your dates chocolate balls are ready….enjoy with your loved one :).
Tips & Tricks :-
- You can substitute coconut oil with butter.
- If you are using salted peanut butter, avoid addition of salt