In our Kerala dishes, we include most of the veggies cooked as some curry,stir fries etc…at my home salads we make mostly with the combination of cucumber,tomato,onion combination with some salt and pepper or my dad’s special cucumber,tomato, lettuce with salt and olive oil. I was not a fan of salad…. when I started my diet very religiously, most of the dinner and lunch i started considering some raw veggies. I was bored with having same style of salads.Thats when I started inventing different salads and now in love with them.
I love the combination of tanginess from lemon juice, little sweetness from honey, some hotness from pepper. This dressing really gives nice taste to this salad. I am sure you will love it, as I did :). This is something you can make very quickly.
Besides that when I read about the health benefits of radishess….i was like wowww…. it’s just a power pack of nutrients. This salad is definitely a healthy addition with your meal.
Health Tips :-
- Radishes are powerful detoxifier, eliminates constipation, diuretic nature cures urinary disorders.
- It is incredibly filling, aid to weight loss.
- It has anti-cancer and anti-inflammatory property.
- Good for respiratory disorders, BP and diabetics.
- Good for health of heart,kidney,liver and gallbladder.
- Carrot – 1 medium shredded
- Radish – 5 to 6 medium thinly sliced
- Cabbage – 1/2 to 3/4 cup shredded
- Dill leaves – 2 table-spoon chopped
- Lime juice – 1 table-spoon
- Honey – 1 tsp
- Olive oil – 1 to 2 tsp
- Salt & pepper – as per your taste
- In a bowl mix together shredded carrot,cabbage, thinly sliced radish and chopped dill leaves and keep aside.
- In another bowl make dressing by mixing lime juice,honey,olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Toss the veggies with the dressing and your salad is ready.
It’s just as simple as 1,2,3 right. Now enjoy with your loved one. 🙂
Tips & Tricks :-
- You can use any combination of vegetables which you prefer.
- Adjust the lime as per tanginess you like.