Are you a cheese lover??? Then definitely you gonna love this. Actually I came to know about this was, when I had a lot of farmers cheese left in my fridge and I was searching for recipes where i can use it as some breakfast item. I got this recipe from “olga’s flavours factory” one of my favorite blog where I tried so many russian and other recipes….thanks to her.
This is a famous Georgian cheese stuffed bread, i never had it before. My hubby told me he had it during his Georgia trip, taste is almost similar to what I made. Hmmm got certificate ;)…. but when I searched for khachapuri recipe, found so many varieties…dont know which is more authentic way…but still this one is delicious.
Enjoy it soon after it comes out of the oven.We had it with tomato ketchup ( i am a ketchupyy gaal ;)….loves to have any savory snacks with ketchup). yummmm!
Lets see how its made…..
Health Tips :-
- Cheese contain a lot of nutrients like calcium,protein,zinc, Vit A, Vit B12 etc..
- It’s good for brain, bones and heart.
- It also contain Conjugated linoleic acid, which is a powerful cancer fighter and metabolic booster.
For bread dough
- All purpose flour – 1 cup
- Farmers cheese – 3/4 cup ( see tip)
- Baking powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Sugar – 1/2 tsp
- Butter – 4 table-spoon
- Egg – 1
For cheese filling
- Shredded mozzarella cheese – 3/4 cup
- Parmesan cheese shredded – 1/4 cup
- Egg beaten – half of 1
- Sour cream – 1/2 tablespoon
- Garlic minced -1
- Dash of crushed pepper
For egg wash
- Half of 1 beaten egg and 2 tsp water.
- Preheat the oven to 180° C and Line the baking tray with parchment paper/ aluminium foil.
- Mix the ingredients under cheese filling and keep aside.
- Make a smooth dough by mixing all the ingredients under “for bread” using your hand or a food processor. (Since farmers cheese are little crumbly, you can just use your food processor just to make it smooth)
- Make the dough into 2 portions (one half should be little more than the other).
- Roll the smaller dough using your rolling-pin to approximately to 7 inch, then keep it on the baking tray and spread the cheese filling leaving 1 inch space around the edge.
- Now roll the other portion to approximately 8 to 9 inch and seal the edges nicely.
- Now mix beaten egg and water for the egg wash and brush it over the bread.
- Using a fork, poke all over the bread surface.
- Bake for about 20 to 25 mins in preheated oven and serve hot.
Tips and Tricks :-
- You can avoid pepper and garlic, if you don’t love its flavour.
- Can substitute farmers cheese with cottage cheese. Make sure to drain out the excess water in cottage cheese.
- For the cheese filling, you can use your choice of cheeses.
- You can substitute sour cream with thick curd, if you are out of stock.